Our use of your data: We typically use your personal information in order to fulfil an order you place with us.
Security: We respect the security of your data and treat it in accordance with the law.
Your Rights: You have rights in respect of your data, for more information please see that section of this statement.
· WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT?
1. Under data protection legislation, OHW Browbands is required to explain to you why we collect information about you, how we intend to use that information and whether we will share your information with anyone else.
2. This statement applies to our customers, users of our website and anyone who otherwise provides their data to us. Please read this statement carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
3. This statement tells you how personal information which we collect from you, or which you provide to us, will be processed by us.
4. This statement relates to information collected from you through your use of our website www.ohwbrowbands.co.uk. It also relates to information which we collect if you contact us in writing.
5. Please do not use the site, or purchase any products unless you agree with this policy.
6. This statement does not form part of any contract to provide services. We may update this statement at any time.
7. It is important that you inform us of any changes to your personal information which we hold so that the information which we hold is accurate and current.
· WHY ARE WE COLLECTING YOUR INFORMATION
1. The information that we collect is required in order for us to:
1. fulfil your orders for products with us and deal with your returns.
2. to fulfil our legal obligations;
3. to process and respond to any queries that you might have.
· TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
1. We are collecting information about you in order to achieve the purposes set out above (see 'Why are we collecting your information?'). This may include:
Personal details and payment
1. personal details and demographics (such as name, gender and date of birth);
2. contact details (such as your address, phone number and email address);
3. purchasing history and payment information (such as payment methods, billing address details and other information related to payment). Please note OHW Browbands does not retain or store credit card, debit card or other confidential payment information.
· PRIVACY OF CHILDREN AND SPECIAL CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA
1. We do not knowingly collect personal data from anyone under the age of 18.
2. We do not knowingly obtain or store any Special Categories of Personal Data, such as information about health or medical conditions, race or religious beliefs.
3. If we are made aware that we have received information from anyone under the age of 18 or Special Categories of Personal Data, we will use reasonable efforts to locate and remove that information from our records.
· SOURCE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. The information which we collect about you will be obtained through a variety of sources which include:
Information provided by you
1. if you are placing an order online. We will never ask you to confirm or supply any account or credit card details via email or text message. If you receive such an email or text message, please do not respond and notify us immediately at: email@example.com;
2. when you report a problem with our site and/or your order;
3. when you contact our support
· WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION
1. We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
Placing an order
2. We use your personal data to process and fulfil your orders effectively and to carry out any further obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us. This will include using your email address and/or mobile phone number so that we can send you information confirming your order.
3. If you report a problem with your order, we may use your personal data to investigate that problem.
4. We may also use your personal data in order to train our members of staff or for monitoring purposes.
5. If you sign up to regulatory new alerts on our corporate site, we will provide you with the requested information.
6. We may also use your personal data to notify you about changes to our service.
To fulfil our legal obligations
7. If we are required to conduct a product recall in respect of a product you have purchased, then we will contact you to notify you about this.
8. We will use your data to comply with any requirements imposed on us by law or as part of any legal proceedings, will share data with regulatory bodies if required to do so and will maintain records to comply with tax and regulatory requirements.
· COMPLYING WITH DATA PROTECTION LAW
1. We will comply with data protection law. At the heart of data protection laws are the "data protection principles" which say that the personal information we hold about you must be:
1. used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way;
2. collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes;
3. relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes;
4. accurate and kept up to date;
5. kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about; and
6. kept securely.
· WHAT IS OUR LAWFUL BASIS FOR USING YOUR INFORMATION?
1. In accordance with the data protection laws, we need a "lawful basis" for collecting and using information about you. There are a variety of different legal bases for using personal data which are set out in the data protection laws.
2. The lawful bases on which we rely in order to use the information which we collect about you for the purposes set out in this statement will be:
1. Contract: Using your information will be necessary for us to either perform the contract between us or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into the contract;
2. Legal compliance: Using your information will be necessary for us to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation which is placed on us;
· STORING YOUR INFORMATION AND DELETING IT
1. We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
2. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
3. In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you.
· YOUR RIGHTS
1. If you have any questions about our use of your personal data, you are welcome to contact us. You will find our contact details at the bottom of this page. If you notice any errors in your personal data, you have the right to have them corrected.
2. Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
1. Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
2. Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
3. Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it.
4. Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
· RIGHT TO COMPLAIN TO THE ICO
1. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office (the "ICO") if you are not satisfied with the way we use your information. You can contact the ICO by writing to Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.